A Full Month of Fasting

30-DaysBring out the ashton cigarsΒ or anything else that be used to celebrate because I completed 30days of fasting and want to celebrate.. Yeah it might not be a big deal for the majority of you woman but for one who has prolonged menses all the time, to fast for two weeks in a month is already a big deal.. but to be able to fast a full solid month in Ramadan? OMG! Praise Allah!

All this is also because of the menopause-induced injection that I had after my surgery in May 2012. Basically my body is put to rest from ovulating.. So no ovulation means no menses.. and no menses means 30days Β of full fasting.. yeay!

LadyJava

First Commenter

24 Responses to “A Full Month of Fasting”

1. Caroline says:

heya dearie! πŸ˜€
    My recent post Raya at Ipoh

2. Caroline says:

heya dearie! πŸ˜€
    My recent post Raya at Ipoh

3. Caroline says:

Yeay for full 30 days fasting! πŸ˜€ I always amazed by friends especially females who can fast for one whole month. πŸ˜‰
    My recent post Raya at Ipoh

4. Caroline says:

My recent post Raya at Ipoh

5. Caroline says:

I have some female friends always give excuse such as menses and the second no more fasting and after 2 weeks will say stomach not well and even dare to eat in front of others. πŸ™ =/ *tsk tsk*
    My recent post Raya at Ipoh

• LadyJava says:

well.. we are NOT allowed to fast when we are having our menses.. so it is a valid reason.. as for some pple that don't fast i reckon they must have valid reason.. whatever it .. I never judge pple.. whether they fast or not.. it is strictly between them and Allah πŸ™‚

Thanks for stopping by dearie.. Have a fantastic day!

• Caroline says:

Oh! Now only I know about this cz some of them never tell me about it and even say each other. But I do have few friends who actually fast for additional days just to cover up those days they never fast.

Selamat Hari Raya to u dearie! πŸ˜€
        My recent post Raya at Ipoh

• LadyJava says:

Oh you mean you didnt know woman can't fast when we're having our menses and they never told you why? aiyoo.. they should have told you lah.. we can also skip from fasting if we are not feeling well like fever for instance.. pregnant woman can also opt out if they think it will bring harm to their babies.

Yes we have to make up for those days that we don't fast or we can decide to give alms instead..

6. Caroline says:

My recent post Raya at Ipoh

• LadyJava says:

Thanks for stopping by dearie.. Have a fantastic day!

• Caroline says:

Selamat Hari Raya to u dearie! πŸ˜€
        My recent post Raya at Ipoh

• LadyJava says:

7. Caroline says:

Hahaha, yea never know of such thing. Cz i still remember how other friend complaining about other didnt fast and kept finding excuses. That was during the high school and college time! :D:D And now working life, get to know from Muslim colleague saying that she has to extend her fasting period due to few days didn;t fast. πŸ˜€
    My recent post Raya at Ipoh

• LadyJava says:

Ah.. now you know..:)… but I don't like lah pple that say bad things about pple that don't fast.. I mean if they fast their problem lah .. no need to gossip2… hehhe..

Yeah.. lots of muslim woman will pay back what days they dont' fast.. but we have one year to pay back so no rush and can plan πŸ™‚

8. Caroline says:

My recent post Raya at Ipoh

• LadyJava says:

wahh bring out the cigars huh!? hehe,…syabas for successfully puasa the entire month LJ!<3
    My recent post Selamat Balik Kampung!

My recent post Selamat Balik Kampung!