Breast Cancer Month of June

I just returned from my Singapore trip recently to bring my mom for her first ever mammogram. She was as scared as any woman might be when going through something so new and especially after hearing that it was going to be painful and that it was going to hurt when they pressed the equipment and so on and so forth. However, after going through the procedure herself, she was telling me herself, how it DID NOT hurt all all. Bravo Emak!

So how apt is it that I was tagged by sweet smelling Mariuca from Mariuca’s Perfume Gallery to help spread the awareness on the β€˜Breast Cancer Awareness’ month of June. Please help convey the importance of regular examination and early detection of breast cancer in order to catch this disease when it first erupts, maximizing the chance of survival and recovery. So in doing my bit to help spread awareness on the issue of breast cancer to women, here are several facts on breast cancer that everyone should know about.

• The first sign of breast cancer usually shows up on a woman’s mammogram before it can be felt or any other symptoms are present.
  • Risks for breast cancer include a family history, atypical hyperplasia, delaying pregnancy until after age 30 or never becoming pregnant, early menstruation (before age 12), late menopause (after age 55), current use or use in the last ten years of oral contraceptives, and daily consumption of alcohol.
  • Early detection of breast cancer, through monthly breast self-exam and particularly yearly mammography after age 40, offers the best chance for survival.
  • Ninety-six percent of women who find and treat breast cancer early will be cancer-free after five years.
  • Over eighty percent of breast lumps are not cancerous, but benign such as fibrocystic breast disease.
  • You are ever too young to develop breast cancer! Breast Self-Exam should begin by the age of twenty.
Resources: American Cancer Society National Cancer Institute Komen Foundation

You can help the lives of many women by spreading the word about The Breast Cancer Site pink button as many times as you can. If The Breast Cancer Site receives 8 million clicks on the pink button in June, their premier sponsor -Bare Necessities- will donate $10,000 for more free mammograms. CLICK the pink button today!

The Breast Cancer Site

I like to pass this on to whoever is interested in creating awareness of this worthy cause. Thank you in advance πŸ™‚

29 Responses to “Breast Cancer Month of June”

1. Bravo, auntie! πŸ™‚
    Glad to know that yr mom hv gone through the test.

i was at mariuca just now, but didn’t see the Breast Cancer Tag, and i thought she must hv been busy. rupa-rupanya she did it at MPG! this is great! One heart for a good cause! let’s hope more & more peoples will post about this in their blogs! πŸ™‚

2. Bravo, auntie! πŸ™‚
    Glad to know that yr mom hv gone through the test.

Hiya Jean!

Yay, we are speedy bloggers today aren’t we LJ? And let’s hope and pray that your mom will receive a clean bill of health yeah! Hugs!! :):):)

InsyAllah, my mom will be ok.. I’ll be praying too.. thanks dearie!

6. Jean Chia aka Ms.Yum says:

Bravo, auntie! πŸ™‚ Glad to know that yr mom hv gone through the test.i was at mariuca just now, but didn't see the Breast Cancer Tag, and i thought she must hv been busy. rupa-rupanya she did it at MPG! this is great! One heart for a good cause! let's hope more & more peoples will post about this in their blogs! πŸ™‚

7. Jean Chia aka Ms.Yum says:

Bravo, auntie! πŸ™‚
    Glad to know that yr mom hv gone through the test.

Hiya Jean!Yeap! Very proud of my mommy. She was so brave to do despite pple telling her that it was gonna hurt. The results would come out in 3weeks time and I hope everything is ok πŸ™‚

Hiya Jean!

Yay, we are speedy bloggers today aren't we LJ? And let's hope and pray that your mom will receive a clean bill of health yeah! Hugs!! :):):)

heheh GP! Yeah we are speedy today except internet is the slow one yet again :(..InsyAllah, my mom will be ok.. I'll be praying too.. thanks dearie!

InsyAllah, my mom will be ok.. I'll be praying too.. thanks dearie!

15. Zubli Zainordin says:

16. Being women, this is a worthy and noble cause for you. I understand it a bit, so I am joining this move, as your GP already tagged me. I shall post soon. Emmm, Mak you cammaner, LadyJava, okay dah? Sesamalah kita doa yer. Mak I tak sihat juga. Stroke sejak 4 tahun lalu.

Zubli..
    My mom, Alhamdullilah. The test was ordered by her doctor as a precaution coz she is over 60.. hopefully the results would come out negative for everthing.. then baru I senang :)Thanks for asking πŸ™‚

Oh dear.. sorry to hear abt your mom. Hope she is not in pain ya πŸ™‚

Zubli..

Oh dear.. sorry to hear abt your mom. Hope she is not in pain ya πŸ™‚

19. Zubli Zainordin says:

20. Dear LadyJava, nangis jer ler kalau ngenangkan Mak I. Adik beradik lain tunjukkan kesedihan ini bila jumpa dia. I tidak, I plan lawak best-best, jumpa dia, kasi kaw-kaw punyia. Dia terbahak-bahak ketawa. Ada ubat dia makan, jadi kini, semakin okay…Syukurlah. Maaplah I tak perasan sangat you balik ke Singapore, jumpa Mak you, I ingatkan perihal Malaysian PR. InsyaAllah, I doakan Mak-Mak kita, menjadi Ibu yang terus boleh masak dan menggemokkan kita.

21. Zubli Zainordin says:

22. LadyJava, jikalau you jumpa Mak you, you dialog Bahasa Singapura standard ke, tersasul Bahasa Kuala Lumpur, atau ehem Neng Kene Jomplos Wal Endel? LOL!!!

23. Zubli Zainordin says:

Zubli..My mom, Alhamdullilah. The test was ordered by her doctor as a precaution coz she is over 60.. hopefully the results would come out negative for everthing.. then baru I senang :)Thanks for asking :)Oh dear.. sorry to hear abt your mom. Hope she is not in pain ya πŸ™‚

25. Zubli Zainordin says:

26. Zubli Zainordin says:

I Ameenkan doa you Zubli..:)

You know.. my friends kalau dengar I cakap melayu, depa kata I dah sound like Malaysian.. but when I speak English sama jer.. with my mom, I campur aduk lah.. sometimes I say “ayaq”.. she goes.. “air” lah…lolzz!!!

Bravo Zubli..gitulah.. sebaiknya you make her as happy as she can and make her forget her sickness even if it is only for a while kan??I Ameenkan doa you Zubli..:)You know.. my friends kalau dengar I cakap melayu, depa kata I dah sound like Malaysian.. but when I speak English sama jer.. with my mom, I campur aduk lah.. sometimes I say "ayaq".. she goes.. "air" lah…lolzz!!!

I Ameenkan doa you Zubli..:)