My Fibroid Adventure

… continued from One Week Ago

I awoke to a voice calling out my name.. “LJ,  LJ! wake up.. it’s over. The operation is done. Wake up ya”

I felt excruciating pain at my lower abdomen and I started to shake from the pain and the cold. I shivered and voiced out that I was in pain and awfully cold. I remembered hearing Dr Hashim’s soothing voice as he put this switch with a button in my left hand and telling me to press the button whenever I feel pain and a nurse telling me it was alright and that she would give me a warm blanket. I pressed the switch and the pain was gone. As a feeling of warmth enveloped me, I fell asleep again.

When I woke up, I was already in my room and as I opened my eyes, I saw hubs, mama and my sister in law. I don’t know why but I started crying and as hubs slowly caressed my forehead I felt calm again and darkness followed. I was awaken again by Dr Fauziah explaining to me that she had to perform surgery after the laparoscopic procedure after detecting three blobs of fibroids. One bigger than the other two. There was also two tubes attached to me, one was for urine and another one was drainage for excess blood from the womb. I would be on the drip and the painkiller would be controlled by me administered intravenously. Only liquid was allowed. No food yet.

I must have dozed off again after Dr Fauziah’s departure coz I was awaken next by three giggly nurses that was so excited to show me my lovely fibroids. All nicely stored in a bottle with yellow cap. I was quite amazed at the size. One was slightly bigger than a fist and the other two the size of chestnut. To think those three aliens were in my body for so long drawing nutrients from me. Sigh…I told them to keep the bottle at the counter so that my hubs can take a look and a picture of it. Here are some picture for your viewing pleasure. Please click on the picture to see the full album.

I was in and out of sleep that even when my mama and abah came over at around 8pm, I did not even realised it and they said since I was in deep slumber they did not want to wake me. My SIL’s family came around 9pm and since the nurses were there taking my blood pressure and temperature, I was awake to see them. They also managed to see my beautiful fibroids..lolzz…. Hubs came over around 9.30pm and stayed an hour or so coz I was yawning all the way and that marked the end of first day at the maternity ward.

32 Responses to “My Fibroid Adventure”

1. wen says:

take care.. and u still can blog!

thanks for stopping by wen!

Warm regards
    LJ

3. Farah Deen says:

wow…thats not small!!!! wound sakit lagi tak?

4. Farah Deen says:

wow…thats not small!!!! wound sakit lagi tak?

5. wen says:

aiyoh! u are a puan seri!!! anyway, hope u r feeling better, and i understand ur pain coz i had two c sect. it will go away slowly and i believe u can walk in a weeks time. take care. and chinese believe dont eat food like peanuts or mango (poisonous food) so that ur wound can heal faster…take care.. and u still can blog!

6. wen says:

7. wen says:

take care.. and u still can blog!

hehehe..lol.. yelah.. puan berseri!….lol… I do feel much better already despite no being on painkiller.. and I am already walking..yahoo… yeap.. am pantang as well..lots of food cannot eat.. both mommy and mama.. make sure of that..lolzz.thanks for stopping by wen!Warm regardsLJ

thanks for stopping by wen!

Warm regards
    LJ

11. Farah Deen says:

wow…thats not small!!!! wound sakit lagi tak?

yeap Farah.. not small at all. Surprisingly when they were inside me.. i don’t feel a thing you know.. no pain nothing except for one ovarian cyst that I had years ago.. but that one went off during the next menses cycle..

Anyway.. wound not painful only a bit sore around the area..

Eh got my laptop already today!!… yahooo!!!!

yeap Farah.. not small at all. Surprisingly when they were inside me.. i don't feel a thing you know.. no pain nothing except for one ovarian cyst that I had years ago.. but that one went off during the next menses cycle..Anyway.. wound not painful only a bit sore around the area.. Eh got my laptop already today!!… yahooo!!!!

Anyway.. wound not painful only a bit sore around the area..

Eh got my laptop already today!!… yahooo!!!!

15. Trinity says:

LJ..what is puan seri? LOL

wah, they are seriously 3 big strange stuffs in your stomach! 😛

Aiyo LJ…. now that I’ve read this post and seen the pics, I can only imagine the pain you must’ve gone through. It’s comforting to see hubbs and ur family being there and when u said u cried for no reason when u awoke, I almost cried too, poor poor LJ! Alhamdullillah everything is okay now LJ, so glad for u. Take care my fren! :):):)

Trin.. puan seri is a radiant lady!..heheheh….

Very big ah! I was also so scared when I first saw it!! Imagine those things being in me for who knows how long..but at least it’s out now! Relief, relief!

GP! I really don’t know why I cried. Perhaps from pain or perhaps to see they were all there despite not knowing what time the surgery would have ended, but i was glad they were there anyhow.

Alhamdullilah GP.. all is fine now..thanks for reading..

Muahsss and hugs for you too GP!
    Cheerio
    LJ

19. Trinity says:

LJ..what is puan seri? LOLwah, they are seriously 3 big strange stuffs in your stomach! 😛

20. Trinity says:

21. Trinity says:

LJ..what is puan seri? LOL

wah, they are seriously 3 big strange stuffs in your stomach! 😛

Aiyo LJ…. now that I've read this post and seen the pics, I can only imagine the pain you must've gone through. It's comforting to see hubbs and ur family being there and when u said u cried for no reason when u awoke, I almost cried too, poor poor LJ! Alhamdullillah everything is okay now LJ, so glad for u. Take care my fren! :):):)

Trin.. puan seri is a radiant lady!..heheheh….Very big ah! I was also so scared when I first saw it!! Imagine those things being in me for who knows how long..but at least it's out now! Relief, relief!

Trin.. puan seri is a radiant lady!..heheheh….

GP! I really don't know why I cried. Perhaps from pain or perhaps to see they were all there despite not knowing what time the surgery would have ended, but i was glad they were there anyhow. Alhamdullilah GP.. all is fine now..thanks for reading..Muahsss and hugs for you too GP!CheerioLJ

Alhamdullilah GP.. all is fine now..thanks for reading..

Muahsss and hugs for you too GP!
    Cheerio
    LJ

28. Free love horoscope…

My Fibroid Adventure | Being Woman…

29. I cant seem to find the link to follow you on facebook is this avail?

30. I cant seem to find the link to follow you on facebook is this avail?

31. ketikketok says:

Jika anda telah disahkan oleh klinik mempunyai fibroid, cyst dan dinasihatkan membuat pembedahan, atau sakit berlebihan ketika haid..makanlah SALAMON selama 1-2 minggu. Selepas itu buatlah pemeriksaan semula di klinik.

32. ketikketok says: